.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

A few fools to spoil it for the rest of us


I would like to state that I am sorry for the loss of life where ever it takes place.  
Now with that being said
I would mention that people should always exercise good judgement and try to live responsibly.  If you are a parent this should go double for yourself, by being involved in your child's life and passing these things to them.  





Last year a young girl died from "cardiac arrhythmia due to caffeine toxicity" after drinking two 24 oz cans of Monster Energy drink.  The cans held a total of 475 mg caffeine. 
This chart shows that she drank 6 servings back to back.
I would ask, where were her parents at?  Did they warn her not to drink caffeine drinks?  
Did she intentionally not pay attention to the label?   
The young girl had a preexisting heart condition, as well as Ehlers–Danlos syndrome.  Why on earth would any parent let their child even think about caffeine drinks if this was the case? Last month her parents sued Monster. The Food and Drug Administration received 5 apparent deaths that possibly linked Monster.
I repeat it is sad.  I think if better judgement were used by adults and children there would be much less of these accidents.  Lets pay attention to labels and make wise choices.  I will continue to drink monster and other caffeine drinks. I am an adult and will use my best judgement when consuming them.  Lets not go on a witch hunt when its lack of personal responsibility to blame.  Please lets not ban products because a few people want to abuse them. Live responsibly, educate yourselves and use some common sense.  




No comments:

Post a Comment